2012 IBO Shoots

Tournament discussion happens here.

Postby LGILLAND on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:10 pm

My husband and myself are new to the IBO Shoots, we are traditional shooters and we are members of the IBO. How many qualifying shoots do we need to attend and we have been tournament shooters for sometime now but not sure how to choose the groups we need to qualify under. I know traditioal but do you have to choose a group such as amature, semi-pro or pro for just the IBO shoots?
LGILLAND

Postby aceshtr on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:41 pm

If you want to shoot the World Championship, then all you need to do is qualify at one shoot and some of the shoots are the Indoor World, State, Triple Crown events or any other qualifiers that would be listed under the tournament section.You need to be in the top 20 scores in your class to qualify.If you do qualify, then you will receive an official invitation in the mail. If you don`t succeed, then you can shoot as many qualifiers as you want to try to qualify. You need to be a member, which you have stated that you are, and sign up in the class of the shooting equipment that you are shooting. No need to state amateur or not due to not having any pro classes for trad classes, that I know of. Now, if you want to shoot the Traditional World Championship, then you DO NOT have to qualify for that particular shoot just come shoot it. It`s a good one I recommend it. You can find rules, classes, qualifiers, tournaments schedule by going to the home page of this site and go under tournaments. Hope this all helps.
aceshtr

Postby Lizette on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:01 pm

Must be an IBO member and place in the top twenty (20) scores for his or her class at an IBO-sanctioned qualifying tournament.
Lizette

Postby nysrep on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:12 am

You DO NOT need to be a member to shoot a local qualifier, however to shoot a National Triple Crown, Southern Triple Crown, State Championship or the IBO World Championship you MUST be a member. You can shoot as many qualifiers you want too. But you only need to finish in the top twenty in one qualifier to be invited to the IBO World Championship. You do not need to qualify for the Traditional World Championship and shooters attending that event receives an invitation to the IBO World Championship.
nysrep

Return to Target Archery